Gold: 16264

Donate

Species: Monkey
Affiliation: Republic of Heaven
Character Profile
Played By: N/A

Awards: 1

Hello everyone!

It's been a while. To everyone who is reading this. Welcome (back)!

The Aurora was one of the (if not the) last boards available for RP-ing in the world of HDM. And so long as there are people willing to thread and plot, I will do my best to make that happen again in the Aurora.

I won't lie. I will not, and may never be as active as I previously was in the Aurora. I will only be able to post and plot during weekends. And there may be some weekends where I will disappear because of real life commitments. But I will be posting. In the meantime, I have to ask for your patience.

That's all I have to say. Everything below is a set of questions which I hope will assist you in reacquainting yourself with the Aurora.

The Aurora - General Housekeeping

Will the Aurora ever close?
Never. I may disappear for a period of time again due to work but you will still be able to sign up and access your character profiles or posts, and RP as normal. I have not deleted any character profiles or posts since the inception of the Aurora. Let me know if you cannot find your character profile or post and I will contact Jcink support.

I want to come back! But I want to amend my characters and wipe my slate clean!
Please do. Let me know which posts you want me to archive and I will do so. I can also move your characters from the confirmed characters page to the WIP board. Just say the word.

What are you going to do with these inactive characters?
I will be archiving them in time. Don't worry. Nothing will be deleted and these characters can be resurrected at any time. Just say the word.

Remus, I don't have time to post/have no interesting in posting anymore. But I want to stay and shoot the breeze!
Please do. From now on, you do not have to create an account with the Aurora to post in our Discord (additional information below). Neither do you have to create a character or RP if you have an existing account with the Aurora.

I am not interested in RP-ing anymore. I want to take my character profile and delete my account.
That's a shame. sad.gif Please let me know if you can't find the character profile and posts you want to save and I will contact Jcink support.

Our Discord channel is always open if you want to drop by for a chat.

Discord
I have upgraded the Aurora's cbox to a Discord channel. (URL: https://discordapp.com/channels/46260910872...27918963802132) It's embedded where our cbox used to be.

What's Discord?
It's an upgraded version of our old cbox, with the ability to embed GIF's and Spotify.

But I don't have an account with Discord!
Our Discord is guest friendly. Just type your username in and prove that you are human by doing the CAPTCHA thing.

Remus, I failed the CAPTCHA test and can't use Discord!
Freeze all motor functions.
Send me additional information about your error and I will tweet Discord's help desk.

What about my old cbox messages? Some of them were important!
I will see if I can send you a copy of your cbox messages. Please get in touch with me separately.

Site Wide Campaigns and Plots, Going Forward
My aim is to transition the Aurora from the previous model, where I run and organise the plots and activities by myself, to a self-sustaining model, where members can organise plot points as and when they want to do so. That way, I will be able to disappear from the board for several weeks due to work, and you guys will have something to do. I had, and still have very ambitious ideas for the Aurora's plot and campaigns, but unfortunately, I do not have the time or energy to implement all of them at the moment.

What's the timeline like?
This will be a soft reboot, so your characters are now three years older than they were before. The Magsterium and the Republic of Heaven are still locked in a power struggle, with the Republicans doing increasingly amoral activities. Republicans will say that these actions are justified, that the Magisterium will not pay attention otherwise. And they may be right. But at what cost?

Are you looking for mods or a co-admin to help?
Yes! PM me if you are interested and we can work something out.

What about the last campaign - The Chernobyl Incident?
I am more than happy to continue to plot this out if there is interest, even if it's only one of you. Let me know.

Otherwise, I will conclude the campaign and archive it as a read only thread.

And then what?
Then we thread. Plot. Post. Do what we do best and see what happens.

To get everyone reacquainted with each other, I will be throwing an OOC welcome back party. This thread should be up by next weekend. Nothing that happens in this party will actually happen in the real timeline and no one is obliged to post in the party. But to those who do, it might be a good idea for us and our characters to hang out together again.

That's it! Let's see how things go, moving forward. I don't know what's going to happen. But I am pretty excited for this next phase of the Aurora's journey.

So, shall we dance, one more time?

Avatar done by Jaqi! Signature done by Jaqi! Banner done by Jaqi! Because Jaqi is awesome!
PM
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Board Announcements | Next Newest »

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart New TopicStart New Poll