Pages: (4) 1 2 3 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart New TopicStart New Poll

The Nuclear Bunker
Remus
 Posted: Sep 23 2014, 10:32 PM

Why? You joking?

Group: Admin
Gold: 16024

Donate

Species: Monkey
Affiliation: Republic of Heaven
Character Profile
Played By: N/A

Awards: 1

Setting:

This thread leads directly from here. Soviet Ukrainian authorities are beginning a mass evacuation of the city of Prypyat. Characters who were at The Prypat Exit have been mistakenly included in this group, and have been securely evacuated to underground nuclear bunkers within the outskirts of the city.

These bunkers are sparse and functional. There are running electricity and sockets, fans, lights, and even heaters (which are not switched on). Everybody has a bed to sit/lie on, and rows of toilets and showers are at the end of the room. There is no segregation between gender and age although families and friends are generally grouped together. There are officers guarding the rooms carrying rifles, but most of them are friendly enough so long as you don't bother them. Anxiety is in the air and people chatter in low whispers, but the authorities are trying their best to prevent cabin fever by playing music over the speakers.

Everybody is screened at the entrance before entering, and those found to have high levels of radiation on them are given white pills and quarantined in smaller rooms. These rooms are similar to the ones above, except nurses in Hazmat suits patrol it instead of guards.

Security is very tight. No one is allowed to enter or exit without proper ID.

My character has a daemon! Where are they?

All daemons are kept in one room, and their humans in another room. The rooms are located beside each other, and are much smaller than the large rooms described above, but are generally the same. Guards have rifles, stand at the door and speak Ukrainian, but they are generally friendly. Some may even be curious at the daemons.

If your character happened to be near Richard Mackenzie when he made his "offer" to a Ukrainian Official, and wish to continue your RP in the nuclear bunker, you will be placed in a special room with him. Your daemon will be kept in a separate room, and the setting will be as per above.

user posted image

Avatar done by Jaqi! Signature done by Jaqi! Banner done by Jaqi! Because Jaqi is awesome!
PM
NPC
 Posted: Sep 23 2014, 11:05 PM

Scholar

Group: NPC
Gold: 3440

Donate

Species: N/A
Affiliation: Other
Character Profile

Awards: None

Ruuska's POV

There weren't many problems with the other groups from what she had heard. But this one.

Escaped animals from zoos, smoke bombs, a mysterious unauthorised person from Moscow (Moscow had since claimed that they had not sent any research teams over. Ruuska knew better than to be asking them about this again), and then a group of people who seemed to be defecting from England with their research animals...? Orders from higher up told them to place the animals and the humans in different rooms, except for this lot. This leader seemed to have told one of them that he wanted to stick together with his little gang, and they had agreed.

Ruuska snorted. The leader paid the man, more like. She lit her cigarette and smoked. The head defector seemed to have a large bag of gold, silver and copper(pure) coins on him. Sell them in the market and he would be worth millions. The rest of them had smaller bags of coins on them, all minted in the same place, from the looks of it. There was also an iPhone, working through The Bee Gees and Abba on loop, an antique gun and a knife, and his clothes were evidently finely tailored...though about 200 years out of fashion. All these were placed on a tray beside them.

Which was weird. The last time she was in England on an official visit with her husband and her three children, the English generally wore shirts and pants similar to the ones in Soviet Ukraine.

And don't get her started on the animals they had with them. These people from the West were just weird.

Well, nothing to do now but wait for them to wake up. She pulled out her phone and checked her messages. The last thing she received before going underground was a text from her husband, her son and her mother saying that they were evacuated to Bunker B. The family was fine then.

The next logical thing to do was, of course, to fire Angry Birds up and sling some birds onto some pigs.

--

Unless specifically stated, your character can do nearly anything to an NPC!

Specific NPC's may appear in any threads at any time!

Feel free to make an NPC today!
PM
Liam Skylark
 Posted: Sep 24 2014, 02:39 AM

Street Dweller

Group: Members
Gold: 800

Donate

Species: Human
Affiliation: Neutral
Character Profile
Played By: Liam

Liam's astral projection had changed from the multi-colored fire to a deep, disturbed blue body, with occasional ripples traveling. The way they had handled Anastasia, while both of them were out cold no less!! He felt so violated! He could yell his lungs out, but his frustration, his repulsion would be unknown to Richard. He waited with the other man, not wanting to move, not now. At least until he got bored, and stood up and wandered over to Ruuska, namely to observe to strange device she held in her hand.

Flicking birds from a stone-bow and throwing them into houses with green pigs? What an inane display...yet strangely amusing.
PM
Ryan Whitman
 Posted: Sep 24 2014, 02:53 AM

Scholar

Gold: 4539

Donate

Affiliation: Magisterium/The Kingdom of Heaven
Character Profile
Played By: Jaqi

There were some noises. Very far. Voices. Feelings slowly returned to his fingers and he could feel that he was laying on something soft. The darkness still enveloped him but he fought wildly to surface from the gloom. His eyes opened and he saw two Richards on the bed next to his. Ryan blinked and the Richards combined into one. The scholar sat up slowly, the world threatening to tilt upside down again. He put his hands to his head. 'Ohh,' he groaned. 'I don't feel so good. Where are we, Richard?'

He gazed around, and the sight of the room horrified him. It wasn't the room itself. It was the lack of daemons.

Ryan shot upright on his bed. 'Where is Nalan? Morpheusa??'

Currently I am Dooting adults in Oxford, explaining MDD to a child, and picking up a woman at a bar.

Ryan: Loyalty. That is all I have for the Magisterium.
Nalan: You suck.
Ryan and Nalan's profile
PM
NPC
 Posted: Sep 24 2014, 03:04 AM

Scholar

Donate

Character Profile

Ruuska's POV

Ruuska speaks perfect, but accented English.

Ruuska looked up.

"If you mean your animals they're in the next room. Don't worry. None of my men dare go near them. But we expect you to clean their shit and feed them. Do they eat tinned food? Fresh meat is a bit hard to get when we're in here. And stop that stupid song playing on your friend's phone. Abba and Bee Gees."

She shuddered.

"I thought you English man liked The Beatles or The Rolling Stones. Abba is so Mama Mia."

The officer ground her cigarette into the nearby ashtray.

"That gun on the tray. We removed the bullets from it so don't try it. Now. What is your name and why do you want to defect from England?"

--

PM
Ryan Whitman
 Posted: Sep 24 2014, 03:09 AM

Scholar

Donate

Character Profile

Ryan snapped his head in the direction of the female guard, not noticing her before. She was carrying a weapon and was dressed in army wear. Alarm bells rang in his head. But then she started to speak.

'What? Eat tinned food..? Phone?' Ryan babbled. What the heck was she saying? Must be the accent.

'Abba? Mama Mia? My mum?? Beatles..? The insect you mean?'

Then finally something he understood. 'Gun,' he looked at the tray and stood up to retrieve it. It was Richard's gun. Funny they let him have the gun while holding him prisoner. 'I'm Ryan Whitman. And .. what defect? I want the fox and white tiger back in this room.'

He felt like he was sounding more and more stupid.

Currently I am Dooting adults in Oxford, explaining MDD to a child, and picking up a woman at a bar.

Ryan and Nalan's profile
PM
NPC
 Posted: Sep 24 2014, 03:19 AM

Scholar

Donate

Character Profile

Ruuska's POV

"No. That tiger, especially, it is so big, it can kill us if it goes wild. No, animals stay in one room, people in another. It is safer."

The people from England were sounding weirder and weirder. Putting wild animals and humans in the same room! So dangerous! And they repeat everything you say! This never happened when she was holidaying in London.

"Now. Can you stop your friend's stupid phone? We cannot talk business with all this dancing queen and this chiquititia. Very difficult. See? It is playing dancing queen again. Very...what is that word...annoying. Yes, very annoying. Abba is very annoying."

--

PM
Liam Skylark
 Posted: Sep 24 2014, 03:25 AM

Street Dweller

Donate

Character Profile

Finally being brought up to speed, somewhat, Liam sighed softly before he glanced at his unconscious body once more...he wasn't much use here. Humans and Animals in separate rooms, for safety? The astral projection thought for a moment before finding a loophole. I can't be blamed if I'm laying right there, can I? he thought before he left the room, finding his way to the room where the daemons were.

"Morpheusa? Nalan?" he called, hoping they could hear him. In such circumstances, he didnt' care what daemons saw him, he had to at least provide some assistance, peace of mind. In the meanwhile, he checked on Anastasia. She was unharmed, sleeping so peacefully.
PM
Ryan Whitman
 Posted: Sep 24 2014, 05:28 AM

Scholar

Donate

Character Profile

Ryan stared at the officer in disbelief. 'Wild animals? I assure you, ma'am, the animals are absolutely not wild.' He looked around to see if the woman had a daemon. The scholar shivered uncomfortably when he saw that she did not. 'The animals are...well tamed.'

Nalan will kill me if she heard me say that she was tamed.

In the other room, the fox was starting to wake up. Whatever she was leaning on, it was very soft and nice. The fox lifted her head and gave it a shake. She was nestled beside some black and white fur, and a snake. Nalan jumped up. Who the heck put her so close to Morpheusa! The fox caught Ryan's thought and looked around for him. What she saw shocked her. While there was visibly no human in the room, she saw a bright light about the length of a human hovering over her.

'Ryan..?' she muttered. Clearly her head was still groggy. 'Is that you? Am I dead..?'

Back in the human room, Ryan stared at the guard again. 'Phone?' It was the second time she had mentioned it. It must be a very sacred object that Richard took. And Dancing Queen must be their leader in this land of Chiquititia. 'Look, ma'am, whatever my friend stole from you, the Phone, he will return it. Take me to your Dancing Queen of Chiquititia. We need to explain to her that we do not belong here. Now return our er tamed animals!'

Ryan and Nalan's profile
PM
Liam Skylark
 Posted: Sep 24 2014, 12:48 PM

Street Dweller

Donate

Character Profile

His relief that Anastasia was unharmed, along with the confidence brought about by Nalan acknowledging him allowed the projection to reaffirm itself, regaining definition and clarity as the disturbed ripples shifted to a simply translucent version of his physical self.

"I am not Ryan, and you're not dead. Take a few deep breaths." he instructed, hoping that Nalan would be able to clear her head and wake up more once she got more air inside of her.

"My name is Liam, it's nice to meet you." he smiled warmly, having knelt down to be closer to eye level. He did not attempt to pet Nalan, he knew the taboo and respected it. "Your human is in the other room. They have him, Richard, and my body there. There seems to be a mutual misunderstanding, I just hope things can be cleared up soon." he decided not to hide the truth.
PM
NPC
 Posted: Sep 24 2014, 01:05 PM

Scholar

Donate

Character Profile

Ruuska's POV

Her walkie talkie squawked and she picked it up. The guard on the other end was speaking Ukrainian and what he said was...

Well. A bit weird wasn't going to cut it. She was beginning to worry that this was a waste of time. This man was obviously still under the influence of whatever drug he was shot with. Either that, or he was one of those weirdos who wanted to claim asylum in Soviet Russia because of a crackpot conspiracy theory. Just last year, someone wanted to claim asylum because of aliens in Area 51.

Mad people.

She turned to face Ryan again.

"You! Your animals speak! Is this what you bring to Soviet Ukraine? Talking animals? It is crazy."

Office Ruuska responded to the guard in Ukrainian before facing Ryan again.

"Your animals. Do they understand you? You will tell your animals that everything is all right. Nobody will hurt it if it doesn't hurt nobody. In English. Just speak loudly from there. My walkie can pick it up. And please...switch off your friend's phone. See? It is playing Night Fever now. Very hard for you to speak with music in the background."

--

PM
NPC
 Posted: Sep 24 2014, 01:17 PM

Scholar

Donate

Character Profile

Ilya's POV

Ilya speaks broken English.

Ilya wasn't going to mince words. There was some fucking weird shit going down somewhere. Talking animals!

Talking animals!

His partner reacted by nearly shooting the fox and he had to gently push him back. Officer Ruuska's instructions were hard to follow. But, well, talking to a talking fox!

Something to tell his son when this curfew was lifted.

So he inched towards the animal slowly and loudly announced himself, as if he were speaking to his three year old son.

"'Ello, fox. I am Ilya. I am. Friend."

The soldier cleared his throat.

"But you hurt me. My friend and I shoot you. Shoot. Bang. Dead. We don't want that. But if you hurt me. Shoot. Bang. Dead. We don't want that, eh? We all. Friends."

He stopped a few feet away from her and held up his walkie talkie, while the other hand kept a finger on his rifle's trigger.

"Your friend. In other room."

The soldier pointed at the room adjoined to this one with his rifle.

"Your friend talk to you. You talk to him. English. Use English."

--

PM
Ryan Whitman
 Posted: Sep 25 2014, 12:42 AM

Scholar

Donate

Character Profile

Nalan took a deep breath as directed. The bright form shifted in the air and became a shape of a young man by the name of Liam. He must be an angle descended from above to retrieve her to heaven. She was convinced she had actually died. A deep pang of sorrow pierced her heart as her thoughts drifted to Ryan and how she would never see him again. She didn't even have a chance to say good bye. They had had a good life.

In the human room, Ryan gazed intently at the guard as she refused to take them to their Dancing Queen. In the background, somewhere from the still sleeping Richard, someone was singing. It must be the Sacred Phone that the guard wanted Richard to stop and return. It was then that he felt Nalan's intense sadness. He gathered that Nalan was close by for him to feel it so strongly,

Nalan!

Ryan! In the name of the Magisterium!! I can still hear you! We are not separated by death after all! Everything will be alright spirit of Ryan! Come to me and I will take care of you. Just. Follow. My. Thoughts.

We're not dead, Nalan! I am kept in a room.

So am I! An angel, Liam, told me your body is next door.

Well, yes my body is here. But it's still alive. Listen, you are not dead. Do not open your mouth to speak, hear me? They think you are wild animals. They are weary of you. Try your absolute best to convince Morpheusa and any other daemon around you to shut their mouths. Or else we'll never get out of here.

The woman shoved a black box in Ryan's face and told him to talk into it to speak with the daemons. Such strange devices in this land!

'Don't be silly,' he exclaimed, staring at the box with distrust. If only he could examine this! Some kind of communication device. However, he spoke loudly hoping that all the daemons could hear him. 'Animals can't speak. They don't talk. They are very well behaved, however they will be less distress and less likely to have wild behaviour if they are returned to us. Not that they would attack anyone. Absolutely no attacking. No speaking.'

Nalan was absolutely relieved that she was not dead. And Ryan was alive! There was still so much to be done for the Magisterium. Liam hovered over them. The fox glanced at him and flicked her ears in acknowledgement. Nalan faced forwards and blinked blankly at the guard who held a box whose sound emitted that of Ryan's voice. The fox flicked her tail exaggeratedly in excitment at hearing her 'owner's' voice. Nalan wanted to claw out Ilya's eyes out. People in this world spoke like they were illiterate.

Ryan and Nalan's profile
PM
NPC
 Posted: Sep 25 2014, 01:32 AM

Scholar

Donate

Character Profile

Ruuska's POV

Ruuska barked into her walkie again in Ukrainian upon hearing this.

"Talking? Are you sure they talked?"

The answer which came back was also in Ukrainian.

"Yes, ma'am! They spoke in English, and - "

Back to the guard in Ukrainian.

"Yes. Now be quiet, only speak in Ukrainian and return to your post."

" Yes, ma'am"

She placed the walkie back on the table and smiled at Ryan.

"Yes, of course. Animals do not speak. It is misunderstanding. Now. Tell me. What is your name? Why are you defecting from England? What can you give to Soviet Ukraine?"

The iPhone, ironically, began to play Money, Money, Money.

--

PM
NPC
 Posted: Sep 25 2014, 01:36 AM

Scholar

Donate

Character Profile

Ilya's POV

Ilya will only speak in Ukrainian from now on

Ilya heard his orders and returned to his post, a little disappointed.

"She said speak only in Ukrainian."

"I heard."

Still, he would have loved to speak to the Fox like one of his son's nursery rhymes. He would have loved that story.

--

PM
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | The Chornobyl Incident | Next Newest »

Topic OptionsPages: (4) 1 2 3 ... Last » Reply to this topicStart New TopicStart New Poll

Affiliates [ View All | Link-us ]
RPG Collection Pokemon Enara Murders & Roses London Times Distant Fantasies Synthetic Truth Roleplay Ads The Writers Forum Roleplay Hub Pandora's Ascension New Born Muse 2.0 Obscura The Victors' Spoils Crossed Realms